Women in Asia will take a closer look at blockchain technology as it overcomes its post-hype slump and matures into a platform for mass adoption. In Asia alone, blockchain related applications in Fintech are expected to grow 73% by 2020. We are putting together a workshop and panel discussion with some prominent blockchain experts to talk about application of blockchain, hoping we can attract more females to walk alongside males and discover this new world of blockchain.
You can sign up to both the workshop and panel discussion, or to only one part of this event through the following registration page. SgWIS members can use the promo code WIAPARTNER to receive 20% off registration.
We are hosting a workshop (5pm-6:30pm) for women and men who would like to know more about Cryptocurrencies. If you have always wanted to start your crypto journey but did not know where to start, we promise to give you that start and a little bit more.
Focus of this workshop will be to:
- Understand the various types of Cryptocurrencies, coins and tokens.
- What are ICOs (Initial Coin Offering) ?
- Make your crypto wallet
- Staying safe and protecting your crypto assets.
There will be a panel discussion afterwards (6:30-9:00pm). The main focus of the panel discussion will be to understand:
- How blockchain technology can change and impact our businesses and lives.
- Is blockchain a new solution for all our problems?
- Is blockchain similar to internet revolution or just a bubble?
- Listen to the stories of our panelist and their journey in blockchain world.
Women in Asia is a community that brings together catalysts, thinkers and thought leaders to bridge cultural and gender differences from an Asian perspectives. We want to spark conversations around new technology trends that are happening in Asia. We want to build a community that is centered around new ideas which solve society's ever- evolving challenges in a meaningful way.